Select To Get Started:

General Information

Welcome to Douglas County School System's online application system for Permissive, School Choice, Employee Students, and Magnet Program transfers. Please note that the windows for requesting new student transfer applications, transfer renewals, and magnet school seat placements will occur at various times during the school year.

All requests will be checked for accuracy. Any falsification of information may result in your request not being processed and/or denied.  

*Please also note that this website is optimized for IE 10.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.


Important The Virtual Option for School-Based Digital Learning is no longer available on this website. Please contact your child's school to sign up for SBDL.

Back to District Website

Available for 2023-2024 School Year

Employee Permissive Student Transfer (K-12) 2023-2024 (November 1, 2022 - November 18, 2022)

Only full time or permanent employees of the Douglas County School System are eligible to apply.  All applications will be verified against district employment data for eligibility.  When applying, please use your DCSS email and employee number.  This is new students and renewal student transfers.

Information for Permissive Transfer Applications:

 This is an official application. The information contained on this online application should be considered private. 


  1. School-aged students who reside in Douglas County are assigned to schools based on their primary place of residence.
  2. It is the expectation that students attend the schools within their attendance area.
  3. Permissive Transfer Requests may be granted under special circumstances provided the parent / legal guardian presents a documented hardship, emergency, or child safety situation. 
  • Hardship - an unfortunate, extreme condition or event
  • Emergency - an unforeseen circumstance that calls for immediate action
  • Child Safety - the real, documented threat of harm

How do I apply for a Permissive Transfer?

Permissive Transfer Applications will be completed online using the Family Dashboard.

I am new to Douglas County.  Is my child eligible for a Transfer?

  1. Students new to the school system must register in their home school prior to parents / legal guardians submitting a transfer request.
  2. Transfer Requests will NOT be processed until the residency verification and registration process has been completed.

What if my child is receiving special education services?

If your child is receiving special education services and has an IEP, Student Services will consult with the Special Education Department regarding your child's Transfer Request.

What happens to my Transfer Request after it is received?

  1. The Assistant Superintendent of Student Services will review the Transfer Request, along with supporting documentation.
  2. The Principal of the student's home school may be contacted for additional information and for input regarding discipline, attendance, and grades.
  3. All information will be used in making a decision regarding the transfer approval.

When will I hear whether my request has been approved or denied?

  1. The Student Services Department will notify the parent / legal guardian of the transfer decision within 10 calendar days from the date of the COMPLETED transfer request.

What is a unique hardship?

Unique hardships depend on the family's personal situation. Problems common to large numbers of families, such as issues involving daycare and program/course preferences do NOT constitute a hardship. In addition, transfers are not considered for grievances arising from parent-school conflicts, peer group associations, discipline, attendance problems, and general dissatisfaction with a particular school. Documentation that can be verified should accompany all hardship requests.

What type of documentation do I need to submit with my request for a hardship transfer?

Documentation depends on your individual situation; however, the documents must represent facts that can be verified. Letters from health care professionals, police reports, and court orders are examples of documentation that may be submitted as supporting evidence.

Are permissive transfers approved for academics, signature programs, or unique courses?

No. Signature programs and unique courses have been designed for the school in which they are located. Transfer requests to these schools must meet the same criteria as all other permissive transfer requests.

Is transportation provided to the new school?

No. Transportation is NOT provided with the approval of a student transfer or discretionary admission.

Will my child be eligible to play interscholastic sports at the new school?

Middle school students granted a transfer to another middle school will be eligible to participate in athletics as long as they meet the academic and age requirements as established by the Middle School Conference By-laws.

High school students, other than incoming freshmen, will be ineligible for varsity competition for one calendar year from the date of the transfer but can participate in 9th grade and junior varsity athletics as long as they meet the academic and age requirements as established by the Georgia High School Association (GHSA). If a student transfers back to their districted school, he/she will be ineligible once again for varsity competition for one calendar year from the date of the transfer.

I have moved, and I want my child to stay at his / her current school. Is that possible?

Yes. A parent may request a permissive transfer for their child to remain at his / her current school if they move within Douglas County during the school year. The Assistance Superintendent of Student Services will contact the current school principal to discuss the student's attendance, tardies, behavior, and grades. This information will be used to determine if the transfer will be approved. Families who move outside of Douglas County may be required to pay non-resident tuition for the remainder of the current school year.

Can a Permissive Transfer be revoked?

  1. Yes. Students are expected to arrive on time and be picked up on time each day. A permissive transfer may be revoked for excessive absences or tardies, persistent inappropriate behavior, or if it is determined the transfer was granted or renewed based on false information submitted by the parent/guardian.
  2. There is NO guarantee of approval. From time to time some schools are “closed” to new transfers or discretionary admissions for capacity reasons. Additionally, your request will be denied if the school being sought does not contain the program necessary to meet your child’s needs.
  3. You will receive emails from to notify you of the status of your transfer request. It is important that you read those emails carefully as additional information may be required to process your transfer request. 

Please Note: Non-residents of Douglas County applying to attend ANY Douglas County school will be required, if approved, to pay tuition. See JCBC from the policy manual for the Non-Resident Application. Tuition will be required in advance of attendance and space availability at the requested school.

For More Information, Contact:

Douglas County School System
11490 Veterans Memorial Highway
Douglasville, GA 30134
Susan McCoy
Phone: 770.651.2084


For Technical Support Contact:

Scribbles Software

Business Hours
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM