Welcome to the Student Transfer, Choice, and Magnet School Family Dashboard!
The Student Transfers Team
Douglas County School System
Welcome to Douglas County School System online application system for Permissive, School Choice, Employee Students and Magnet Program transfers. Please note that the windows for requesting new student transfer applications, transfer renewals and magnet school seat placements will occur at various times during the school year.
All requests will be checked for accuracy. Any falsification of information may result in your request not being processed and/or denied.
*Please also note that this website is optimized for IE 10.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
Important The Virtual Option for School Based Digital Learning is no longer available at this website. Please contact your child's school to sign up for SBDL.
Available for 2022-2023 School Year
Available for 2021-2022 School Year
This is an official application. The information contained on this online application should be considered private.
- School aged students who reside in Douglas County are assigned to schools based on their primary place of residence.
- It is the expectation that students attend the schools within their attendance area.
- Permissive Transfer Requests may be granted under special circumstances provided the parent / legal guardian presents a documented hardship, emergency or child safety situation.
- Hardship - an unfortunate, extreme condition or event
- Emergency - an unforeseen circumstance that calls for immediate action
- Child Safety - real, documented threat of harm
How do I apply for a Permissive Transfer?
Permissive Transfer Applications will be completed online using the Family Dashboard.
I am new to Douglas County. Is my child eligible for a Transfer?
- Students new to the school system must register in their home school prior to parents / legal guardian submitting a transfer request.
- Transfer Requests will NOT be processed until the residency verification and registration process has been completed.
What if my child is receiving special education services?
If your child is receiving special education services and has an IEP, Student Services will consult with the Special Education Department regarding your child's Transfer Request.
What happens to my Transfer Request after it is received?
- The Assistant Superintendent of Student Services will review the Transfer Request, along with supporting documentation.
- The Principal of the student's home school may be contacted for additional information and for input regarding discipline, attendance, and grades.
- All information will be used in making a decision regarding the transfer approval.
When will I hear whether my request has been approved or denied?
- The Student Services Department will notify the parent / legal guardian of the transfer decision within 10 calendar days from the date of the COMPLETED transfer request.
What is a unique hardship?
Unique hardships depend on the family's personal situation. Problems common to large numbers of families, such as issues involving day care and program / course preferences do NOT constitute a hardship. In addition, transfers are not considered for grievances arising from parent-school conflicts, peer group associations, discipline, attendance problems, and a general dissatisfaction with a particular school. Documentation that can be verified should accompany all hardship requests.
What type of documentation do I need to submit with my request for a hardship transfer?
Documentation depends on your individual situation; however, the documents must represent facts that can be verified. Letters from health care professionals, police reports, and court orders are examples of documentation that may be submitted as supporting evidence.
Are permissive transfers approved for academics, signature programs, or unique courses?
No. Signature programs and unique courses have been designed for the school in which they are located. Transfer requests to these schools must meet the same criteria as all other permissive transfer requests.
Is transportation provided to the new school?
No. Transportation is NOT provided with the approval of a student transfer or discretionary admission.
Will my child be eligible to play interscholastic sports at the new school?
Middle school students granted a transfer to another middle school will be eligible to participate in athletics as long as they meet the academic and age requirements as established by the Middle School Conference By-laws.
High school students, other than incoming freshman, will be ineligible for varsity competition for one calendar year from the date of the transfer but can participate in 9th grade and junior varsity athletics as long as they meet the academic and age requirements as established by the Georgia High School Association (GHSA). If a student transfers back to their districted school, he/she will be ineligible once again for varsity competition for one calendar year from the date of the transfer.
I have moved, and I want my child to stay at his / her current school. Is that possible?
Yes. A parent may request a permissive transfer for their child to remain at his / her current school if they move within Douglas County during the school year. The Assistance Superintendent of Student Services will contact the current school principal to discuss the student's attendance, tardies, behavior and grades. This information will be used to determine if the transfer will be approved. Families who move outside of Douglas County may be required to pay non-resident tuition for the remainder of the current school year.
Can a Permissive Transfer be revoked?
- Yes. A permissive transfer may be revoked for excessive absences or tardies, persistent inappropriate behavior, or if it is determined the transfer was granted or renewed based on false information submitted by the parent/guardian.
- There is NO guarantee of approval. From time to time some schools are "closed" to new transfers or discretionary admissions for capacity reasons. Additionally, your request will be denied if the school being sought does not contain the program necessary to meet your child's needs.
- You will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org to notify you of the status of your transfer request. It is important you read those emails carefully as additional information may be required to process your transfer request.
Douglas County School System
11490 Veterans Memorial Highway
Douglasville, GA 30134
For Technical Support Contact:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM